Thursday, August 21, 2008

Artists Review Artists Blog I Came Across

Greetings,

Through my ongoing search of getting critiques of some of my work, I came across this cool website run by J.T. Kirkland called "Thinking About Art". Here is the link to the blog: http://thinkingaboutart.blogs.com/art/

What's neat about the concept J.T. has is that practicing artists are reviewing the work of other practicing artists. What better way to get a peek into another artists' mind.

I submitted my "In One Ear and..." painting for review. In turn I received an image of a painting I was to review. I haven't formally reviewed art since I took an art history class in college. It took some time to get my thoughts together because I knew nothing about the meaning behind the piece or the artist.

Once my painting has been reviewed by this same artist, both reviews will be posted on J.T's blog. I'll let you know when it's up.

No comments:

Post a Comment